Maskar Design is hiring a project manager for its team. We are a small design agency that produces great work for both non-profit and for-profit clients. Our client roster includes larger non-profits, foundations, and city government and much of our work aims to make the world a better place. We offer health benefits, a 401K plan, paid vacations, smart co-workers, and a casual atmosphere. This is a full time position.
For us, the project manager is the main point of client contact. Responsibilities include developing estimates and budgets for both print and web projects, writing proposals and RFP responses, and working with the designers and developers to keep projects on-track and ensure requirements have been met. The position requires great communication and writing skills, strategic thinking, and attention to detail. Experience with graphic design (for print and web) is required. We are not looking for a designer, but we are looking for someone who understands how it all works and can contribute to making design beautiful and effective.
- Able to work with and manage multiple projects and staff of in-house designers, freelance writers, designers, artists, web developers, photographers and print vendors to meet client objectives
- Experienced with complex, long-term projects as well as smaller, quick-turn deliverables
- Able to manage multiple projects/assignments on a daily basis
- Able to lead web development process from planning, design, development and execution
The project manager is responsible for the execution of day-to-day account activities to ensure client expectations are met. She/he manages and guides projects through the agency to deliver client service and added value at every stage.
- Writes detailed proposals and statements of work to clearly define project scope, budget and timelines
- Maintains frequent client interaction regarding project plan/statuses and responds promptly to all client communications
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients
- Edits and proofreads content for accuracy and tone.
- Reviews and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval and feedback of each project stage
- Responsible for accurate and timely billing, coordinates project timing and budgets
- Contributes to account growth by identifying opportunities to increase revenue and methods to improve internal processes; cultivates new business opportunities from existing clients and client contacts
- Counsels regularly with Creative Director to discuss opportunities, problems, potential problems and issues that impact the client relationship
- At least two years in account service/management at an advertising or marketing agency
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or web development
- Mac proficient
- Strong organizational skills a must
- Interactive/digital development knowledge a plus
- Social media knowledge a plus
Please send your resume, salary requirements, and a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you might be a good person to talk to. Please, no phone calls.